Cristiano Ronaldo is Portuguese football player, born on 5th of February, 1985 in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal. This football forward was among the best players of all time.
Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro was born on 5th of February, 1985, in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal into the family of Mr and Mrs José Diniz Aveiro.He grew up in the nearby parish of Santo Antonio. He is the fourth and youngest child of Maria Dolores dos Santos Viveiros da Aveiro. Cristiano has an elder brother, Hugo and two elder sisters, Elma and Liliana Cátia.
Ronaldo’s father, José Dinis Aveiro, was the equipment manager for the local club Andorinha while his mother worked as a cook in the hospitality and a cleaning woman. His name was inspired by the former US-president, Ronald Reagan, whom his father was influenced by.
Ronaldo first learned to master his football skills in the island of Madeira.
At the age of 12 he already made a name for himself as one of the top players in Madeira because he spent his early years playing for his local team and Nacional.Soon, he grabbed the notice of major Portuguese clubs.
Ronaldo, standing at 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 meters), was a powerful athlete on the field. Starting as a right-winger, he evolved into a forward with a bold attacking approach. His skillful footwork often bewildered opponents, creating opportunities in rival defenses.
He began with Clube Desportivo Nacional in Madeira before moving to Sporting Clube de Portugal, also known as Sporting Lisbon. Ronaldo played in the youth teams there before joining the main squad in 2002. His impressive season at Sporting caught the eye of top European clubs, leading him to sign with Manchester United in 2003. He was an instant sensation and soon came to be regarded as one of the best forwards in the game.
From 2006 to 2008, Cristiano faced controversy. During the 2006 World Cup, he was criticized for a play involving his teammate Wayne Rooney while playing against England. However, he regained fans’ support shortly after. In 2007, he swept multiple awards, including PFA Young Player of the Year and Portuguese Footballer of the Year. In 2008, he secured the PFA Player Of The Year Award for the second consecutive time. Amidst talks of moving to Real Madrid, he affirmed his commitment to Manchester United, dispelling rumour’s about leaving the club.
Ronaldo was sold to Spain’s Real Madrid, a club with which he had long been rumoured to want to play for a then record £80 million (about $131 million) transfer fee. In 2011–12 Ronaldo helped Madrid capture a La Liga championship and scored a personal-best 46 goals during the League season.
In 2014, Ronaldo scored 52 goals in 43 games, leading Real Madrid to a Champions League title and earning another Ballon d’Or. He became Real’s all-time top scorer in 2015 and won a fourth Ballon d’Or in 2016. He contributed to Real’s La Liga and Champions League victories in 2016-17, which led to his fifth Ballon d’Or. In 2017-18, he scored 44 goals and helped Real win another Champions League.
In July 2018, Ronaldo joined Juventus on a four-year contract worth €112 million. He scored 28 goals in his first season, contributing to Juventus’ eighth consecutive Italian league title. During his tenure at Juventus, he helped win another league title, the 2020 Supercoppa Italiana, and the 2021 Coppa Italia Final. However, he returned to Manchester United in 2021, facing a challenging period and eventually leaving the club in November 2022. He then signed with Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr the following month.
- Name: Ronaldo
- Birth Year: 1985
- Birth date: February 5, 1985
- Birth City: Funchal, Madeira
- Birth Country: Portugal
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Cristiano Ronaldo is a professional soccer player who has set records while playing for the Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus clubs, as well as the Portuguese national team.
- Astrological Sign: Aquarius
- Interesting Facts
- When Cristiano Ronaldo was just 16 years old, Manchester United paid more than £12 million to sign him — a record fee for a player of his age.
- I would be very proud if, one day, I’m held in the same esteem as George Best or Beckham. It’s what I’m working hard towards
- Lots of young players have triumphed at United, so why can’t it happen to me? I’m not worried I’m young – it’s an incentive to do the best I can.
- The No 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck.
- There is no harm in dreaming of becoming the world’s best player. It is all about trying to be the best. I will keep working hard to achieve it but it is within my capabilities.
- I’ve never tried to hide the fact that it is my intention to be the best
- Maybe they hate me because I’m too good!
- To pick myself up, I choose Brazilian music. But for romantic moments I prefer Phil Collins, George Michael, Elton John.
- We lost because we didn’t win.
- I don’t like changing nappies, but I do it.
- I prefer other people to make judgments about the way I play and to characterize me, rather than describe myself.
- I have two Golden Boot awards at home. It would be nice to win another, but I wouldn’t mind it if I didn’t.
- Some fans keep booing and whistling at me because I’m handsome, rich and a great player. They envy me.
- I don’t smoke or drink, and I’m not a big spender, I live in a rural part of Cheshire and my nearest neighbors are squirrels, birds and cows.
- I don’t think about one trick or the other, they just happen.
- I feel bad only when I play badly. Fortunately, that happens rarely.
Ronaldo is dating the Spanish model Georgina Rodriguez; the couple was first seen together publicly around November 2016.
In June 2017, the couple welcomed twins, a boy and a girl, via a surrogate. In November 2017, Rodriguez added to their family with the birth of another girl.
Ronaldo’s first child, Cristiano Jr., was born to a former girlfriend in June 2010.